Covering the Mekong Delta, the south of Vietnam offers a spectacular landscape with many rivers and canals crossing each other. Abundant of sunshine and a low-temperature difference between months and day and night, it is favorable for tourism activities year round.
No wonder the southern Vietnam group tour is a wise choice for any Vietnam tour itinerary.
South of Vietnam map (Source: internet)
Da Lat is a city on Lam Vien Plateau (Lam Dong Province). French people first established the city as a destination for the summer retreat because of its cool weather. Therefore, the dominant architectural design of the town is in classic European style which can still be seen through many villas and houses today. The building surviving from the colonial period together with natural landscape give Da Lat a truly poetic appearance.
Hang Nga Crazy House (Source: Internet)
Places of interest in Da Lat:
- Lang Biang Mountain: the view is absolutely worth whatever you need to get to the peak.
- Waterfall: due to the location on the highland, there are many waterfalls in Da Lat which are impressive and favorite tourist attractions. Most popular waterfalls are Elephant waterfall, Datanla Waterfall, Pongour Waterfall.
- Hang Nga Crazy House: located at no.03, Huynh Thuc Khang Street, Da Lat city, Hang Nga crazy house is a complex of nearly 2000 m2 with guest houses, coffee shop, art gallery. All buildings in the complex appear in an insanely beautiful look. You can book to have an overnight in this crazy house which is highly recommended.
- Bao Dai palace: the royal palace where the last king in Vietnam history used to live.
Nha Trang, Phu Quoc
White sandy beaches with turquoise water and coral reef in Phu Quoc and Nha Trang are the paradise for beach bums. Long beach in Phu Quoc is in 100 best beaches around the world list by CNN travel and ranked third in world’s top cheapest beaches, just behind City beach in Nha Trang.
Long Beach in Phu Quoc (Source: Internet)
Best beaches southernvietnamtravel think that you must go:
Nha Trang city beach: right in the heart of this coastal city. If you stay in any hotels in the city center, it takes about 10 to 1 minutes walking to the beach.
Diep Son, Nha Trang: at the low tide, a path appears in the middle of the sea, connecting two islets.
Long Beach, Phu Quoc: listed in world's best beach, no need to say how stunning this beach is.
Khem beach and Sao beach are also famous attractions in Phu Quoc.
Con Dao Island
Con Dao island is a pristine island that located off the coast. It is 232 km away from Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC). The best way to reach the island is by a short flight or 5 hours on a speedboat.
The island consists of 16 islands with the total area of 76 km2. In 1993, Con Dao national park was established protecting 882 floral species, 144 fauna species and 1383 species of marine life.
A part of this scenic bay is covered in tropical forest offering a great chance for wildlife watching.
Although the isolated island is as beautiful as a paradise, Con Dao was once the hell on earth where thousands of Vietnamese soldiers were imprisoned and tortured during Vietnam war.
Many tourists travelling to Vietnam looks for a flashback of the past, a dark page in the country history.
Con Dao Island (Source: Internet)
Weather and best time to go
The weather in the south of Vietnam is typical tropical monsoon with two distinct seasons.
The rainy season: May to November
The dry season: December to April the next year
Average humidity: 80 – 82%
Average temperature: 270C
Average hours of sun per month: 160-270 Hrs
Average annual rainfall: 1,949 mm
The best time to take a Southern Vietnam group tour is during the dry season when it is sunshine, and the beaches are at its finest.
Southern Vietnam (Source: Internet)
How to get there
Tan Son Nhat is the most common arrival airport for foreign tourists which is 7 km to Ho Chi Minh city. From (HCMC) you can take a bus or a short domestic flight to other provinces. Ho Chi Minh city itself is a must-see destination in Vietnam that probably worth spending several days here.
Check the weather forecast for heavy rain if any. Flood can happen during rainy season
- Do not swim in the river; you might have parasite infection
- Bring sunblock for beaches with SPF at least 50.
- Remember to try street food in HCMC which is one of the world’s best street food.